The Johnson Building

The Johnson BuildingThe Johnson Building, built in 1895, served as a barber shop, a stable, a hotel, and in many other capacities. It was later donated to the Historical Society by the Greenup American Legion and moved to the current site where the famous Greenup Conzet House Hotel once stood.

The Johnson Building houses an extensive collection of Cumberland County genealogy and memorabilia from local schools, along with historic photos and artifacts from area businesses, celebrities, and events that shaped the history and lifestyle of the region.

The gift shop features local videos, postcards, and other souvenir items.