Pioneer Consolidated School began operating in 1948, consolidating many country schools, such as: Buck Branch, Silver Lake, Bean, White Hall, West Union, Maple Grove, Beehive, Folley Grove, Aspersion, Lamber, Fairview, and Midway, at Neal. Cost of the 8 room, multi-story structure was approximately $110,000. The first day of class was January 20, 1949, with an enrollment of 169 students, in grades first through eighth. Eventually, all grades transferred to the Neoga School system. Pioneer school ceased functioning as a school in 1999. Located along Route 121, on the East side of the road, between 950N & 100N, the structure is still standing and currently used for private business.