Buttermilk School

In 1897 Buttermilk school was originally located about 1/2 mile north of the Jasper County line, south of Jewett. The school may have existed much earlier but no records are available. In the early 1900’s a new building was erected three miles south and one mile west of Jewett on the north side of the county line. The school was abandoned in 1948.

Leave a Reply