Brushy Ridge school was located near the Boots-Warman cemetery in 1860. The original school was a log cabin, approximately 16 feet by 18 feet with a single fireplace and no windows. Seats were made of oak slabs and contained only one common writing desk that was made from an extra smooth oak slab fastened to the wall. There was no teachers desk. Prior to 1872 this cabin also served as a church. The second building was a wood frame structure built circa 1880, 1/2 mile east & 1/2 mile north of the original structure. In 1886 this building burned to the ground and was replaced with a brick building another 1/4 mile further west. This was the final location of the school when classes ceased in 1947. In 1989 the school building was demolished.