The Bean School was known to exist as early as 1868. It was located approximately 5 miles west of Toledo on what is now Route 121. The school burned to the ground in the winter of 1895, likely due to faulty heater. A new building was constructed in the spring of 1896 and was still standing until the spring of 1991 when it was torn down. Classes ceased in 1948 when the Pioneer school opened consolidating many of the country schools.